HALF MARATHON TRAINING: 13.1 MILES!
Get fit, make friends, and change the lives of others—as part of Team Challenge, you can do all of this and more! Team Challenge is the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America’s endurance training and fundraising program. With Team Challenge, you’ll find new strength inside yourself, and help find cures for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis - two painful, debilitating, and seldom-discussed digestive diseases. With our Half Marathon Training Program, you'll train with professional coaches and like-minded teammates for a rewarding and exciting 13.1 mile endurance event at one of our great destination races while raising vital funds for research into these diseases. Funds raised help make new treatments possible and fuel the search for cures.
TEAM CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE:
- Personalized fitness training by an experienced coach over 16 weeks in 32 cities throughout the country
- An expense-paid weekend at a great destination race, including transportation, accommodations, race entry fees, and entertainment when you commit to this fundraising program.
- A Team Manager - a dedicated CCFA staff person who coordinates team events, guides you through fundraising, and will encourage you all season!.
- All the tools and help you need to raise your funds — you'll even get your own free, easy-to-use web page for fundraising support.
- Resources, clinics, and helpful tips on nutrition, hydration, injury prevention, and more.
- Team Challenge swag including a Team Challenge t-shirt when you sign up, and a singlet for the race.
WHY TEAM CHALLENGE IS RIGHT FOR YOU:
- If you're a novice runner or walker, you can do something you may have never thought possible previously! You'll have full support from day one to the finish line.
- Experienced runners and walkers can put their abilities to the test, and will be energized by being part of an amazing team!
- You'll make new friends and great memories as you train and celebrate with others who are committed to curing Crohn's and colitis. Join the Team Challenge family today!
Choose Your Challenge!
What will your Challenge be? There’s a great destination race waiting just for you. This season, choose from:
- Virginia Wine Country Half Marathon - June 1, 2013
- Allstate Life Insurance Chicago 13.1 Marathon - June 8, 2013
- Kona Marathon and Half Marathon - June 23, 2013
- Napa-to-Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon - July 21, 2013
- Women’s Half Marathon Nashville - September 28, 2013
New for 2013: Team Challenge International!
In 2013, Team Challenge is expanding our series of great destination races – the Team will travel around the U.S. and the globe! Team Challenge International starts its inaugural year with two European half marathons:
- Rock & Roll Half Marathon Edinburgh
Edinburgh, Scotland: April 14, 2013
- Vodafone Rock & Roll Half Marathon Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal: October 2013
Sign up for an information meeting to learn more. Find your team and get started today!