HALF MARATHON TRAINING: 13.1 MILES!
Get fit, make friends, and change the lives of others—as part of Team Challenge, you can do all of this and more! Team Challenge is the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America’s endurance training and fundraising program. With Team Challenge, you’ll find new strength inside yourself, and help find cures for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis - two painful, debilitating, and seldom-discussed digestive diseases. With our Half Marathon Training Program, you'll train with professional coaches and like-minded teammates for a rewarding and exciting 13.1 mile endurance event at one of our great destination races while raising vital funds for research into these diseases. Funds raised help make new treatments possible and fuel the search for cures.
TEAM CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE:
- Personalized fitness training by an experienced coach over 16 weeks in 32 cities throughout the country
- An expense-paid weekend at a great destination race, including transportation, accommodations, race entry fees, and entertainment when you commit to this fundraising program.
- A Team Manager - a dedicated CCFA staff person who coordinates team events, guides you through fundraising, and will encourage you all season!.
- All the tools and help you need to raise your funds — you'll even get your own free, easy-to-use web page for fundraising support.
- Resources, clinics, and helpful tips on nutrition, hydration, injury prevention, and more.
- Team Challenge swag including a Team Challenge t-shirt when you sign up, and a singlet for the race.
WHY TEAM CHALLENGE IS RIGHT FOR YOU:
- If you're a novice runner or walker, you can do something you may have never thought possible previously! You'll have full support from day one to the finish line.
- Experienced runners and walkers can put their abilities to the test, and will be energized by being part of an amazing team!
- You'll make new friends and great memories as you train and celebrate with others who are committed to curing Crohn's and colitis. Join the Team Challenge family today!
WHAT WILL YOUR CHALLENGE BE?
When you join Team Challenge, you'll participate in a 16-week training program designed to meet your unique "walk or run" fitness needs with our expert coaches. You'll also raise critical dollars for research, education, and support programs to help the 1.4 million people suffering from Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Join us at one of our great destination races:
- 13.1 Chicago Marathon- June 7, 2014
- Kona Marathon & Half Marathon- June 22, 2014
- Jamestown Half Marathon- July 12, 2014
- Napa-to-Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon- July 20, 2014
Team Challenge International!
Join us in 2014 as we continue expanding our series of great destination races – around the U.S. and the globe! Next up for Team Challenge International: Madrid, Spain!
- Rock 'n' Roll Dublin Marathon & 1/2 Marathon - August 4, 2014
Sign up for an information meeting to learn more. Find your team and get started today!