- Why Should I Join Team Challenge?
- To help us find cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis!
- Run or walk for someone you know who suffers from IBD.
- Make friends with other great people in your area.
- Challenge yourself to accomplish something incredible.
- Receive professional coaching and a personalized training plan.
- Get fit while having fun.
- What is a Half Marathon?
A half marathon is 13.1 miles or 21.1 kilometers. It is one of the fastest growing athletic events in the world! People of all ages and abilities enjoy this event, with finishing times ranging from a world record of about an hour to a walkable 4 hour finishing time. Team Challenge selects the most enjoyable, unique, and beautiful races for our participants to experience and enjoy.
- Can I Complete a Half Marathon?
- Yes, you can! Every season Team Challenge helps hundreds of first-time half marathoners across the finish line.
- Our professional coaches prepare training plans for all levels of athletes. Team Challenge coaches lead weekly trainings and send weekly coaching newsletters to help you get the most out of your training experience!
- Our teams consist of athletes of all abilities and ages, from first timers to seasoned runners and walkers. Anyone can do this! (Race directors may set minimum ages, however.)
- We have an incredible national average of over 99% of teammates crossing the finish line - many teams have a 100% success rate!
- How Much Do I Have to Fundraise?
CCFA has a 4 star Charity Navigator rating, and guarantees that at least 82 cents of every dollar raised goes directly to mission-related activities. Fundraising goals vary because they are directly related to the challenge you choose. Please attend a local information meeting, or contact your local manager for more information.
- How Do I Fundraise?
- An experienced team manager will provide you with the tools, templates, and support to help you be successful. These include a personalized, easy-to-use website, in-person fundraising clinics, social media tips, and fun team events!
- Program alumni return each season as team mentors to help new teammates surpass their goals.
- I Can't Attend Local Trainings. Can I Still Join the Team?
If you live near a local team, but cannot attend scheduled training, our coaches and managers will work one-on-one with you to get you from mile 1 to mile 13.1. All participants will receive a training plan, coaching newsletters, and team correspondence. One team, one goal!
If you do not live near a local team, you can still be a part of our National Team and will receive coaching and guidance from some of the top coaches in the country.
- I Have IBD, Can I Participate?
- Our coaches are specially trained to work with participants with IBD and cater to the needs associated with the symptoms.
- On average, 35% of participants are patients, so Team Challenge is also a great way to get to know others living with IBD.