South Bay & Peninsula Chapter
Join our team!
Team Challenge Northern California has 4 different training teams throughout the Bay Area, one in San Francisco, one in the East Bay and one in the South Bay. With the help of a professional coach and a supportive team, you'll have all the resources you need to train for and complete a half marathon. No matter whether you're an experienced athlete or haven't gotten off the couch in 5 years, Team Challenge will get you across that finish line. Click the "RSVP TO LEARN MORE" button below to learn more about how you can get involved. Or contact our local Endurance Manager directly.
JOIN US FOR ONE OF OUR UPCOMING RACES:
Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon - January 18th, 2015 - Find the Force inside yourself as you join R2D2, C3PO and of course Chewbacca for a run or walk through Disneyland and California Adventure Park on January 18th, 2015. You may even get a Medal of Bravery! Please note that this is a SOLD OUT race and we have a only 30 entries. They are available first come first serve so act quickly! Runners and walkers of all levels are welcome, just be sure to be faster than Darth Vader!
Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon - July 19th, 2015 - Our most popular race is back another year. Gain into this exclusive race through Team Challenge and race among the most beautiful scenery the Napa Valley has to offer. After you finish 13.1 miles you can celebrate with a commemorative wine glass and tastings from over 20 local wineries right at the finish line. Cheers!
- Personalized fitness training by an experienced coach for a period of three to four months
- Expenses-paid weekend away to a great destination race
- A supportive team to train with each week
- Training clinics and helpful tips on topics like nutrition, hydration, injury prevention and shoe fit
- Team Manager, a dedicated staff person from CCFA who coordinates team events, guides you through fundraising, and is your #1 personal cheerleader
- Mentor, a past participant of Team Challenge who can show you the ropes and be your personal fundraising coach
- Teammates composed of runners AND walkers to fit your athletic level
- Team uniform including a training shirt and race day singlet
- Memories and friends to last a life time, all while supporting finding a cure for Crohn's & ulcerative colitis!