Never done a Triathlon before?
- No worries! Both novice and expert athletes can complete this sprint or intermediate triathlon course - we have a 100% race day success rate! A triathlon consists of swimming, biking, and running, consecutively, in that order. For first-timers, sprints are very doable and for experienced athletes, it's a chance to challenge yourself with the intermediate distance!
What are the distances involved?
- Sprint Triathlon consists of approximately a 500-meter swim, 11-mile bike ride and a 3-mile run. For experienced triathletes, Team Challenge Tri offers the chance to participate in the Intermediate distance event! The Intermediate distance consists of approximately a 1500-meter swim, 21-mile bike ride and a 6-mile run.
How does Team Challenge Triathlon work?
- We help you get ready for race day by providing training by professional coaches over 16 weeks at venues near you. You will be coached to perform at your best for all sections of the event, including open water swim coaching.
- A series of clinics on nutrition, hydration, bike safety, transitions, open water swimming, and injury prevention will prepare participants of all athletic backgrounds for every part of this event.
- While training, you'll also be raising funds to support research, education, and support programs for the 1.4 million Americans with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis - two painful, life-altering digestive diseases. You'll receive all the tools and help you need – you’ll even get your own personal fundraising web page to help reach your goals!
- You'll make new friends and great memories as you train and race with your team. Not only will you test your limits, but you'll also give countless patients hope for a life without Crohn's or colitis.
Join one of our teams in the West: Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, Northern California or Seattle; or in the East: New York, Long Island, Washington DC/Virginia, Central Florida or South Florida. To get started with this great new program, call 866-931-2611!